Friday, November 27, 2009

How Google Ranks Paid Ads - #1 vs. #8

You bid $3.00 for keyword and I bid $1.00 for a keyword. You get placed #7 and I get placed #2. You might think . . . that makes no sense because you were willing to pay three times more than I was.

Google was the first search engine to actually look at revenue versus bidding. Yahoo was one of the last to convert to a revenue model. So by now you might be wondering what I am talking about. Here it is very simple . . .

You bid $3.00 per keyword and get 100 clicks in a month for a total to Google of $300.00

I bid $1.00 per keyword and get 400 clicks in a month for total to Google of $400.00.

Guess what? Google is going to put me on top of you because I am performing better and making more money for Google. If you don't understand this, I suggest you email or call me. This is something you need to understand before you start spending money on Google.

Two other huge issues we see with real estate agents and brokers throwing money away on Google is bidding the same amount for all keywords and not understanding the value of phrase, match and broad. We'll look at these in upcoming posts.

If you have a question about this post, please post in the comments section or email me Mike@MikeMorgan7.com . I will respond to all questions posted.

Mike Morgan, J.D., CRS, GRI, SRES, e-PRO, REO TRANS Platinum
"Internet Marketing for Real Estate Professionals"

Phone: (772) 260-5448

Email: Mike@MikeMorgan7.com

Website: www.MikeMorgan7.com

No comments:

Post a Comment